Friday, January 6, 2012

Surviving December

How is it that one of the most joyful times of the year turns into one of the most stressful? I know that you all know about the many birthdays we celebrate in December - Kennedy, Preston, Sydnee, Laura and Chris, not to mention the many friends and other family members who have birthdays in December. Oh, and throw in a 12th wedding anniversary for Ryan and me, Christmas and a baby who still doesn't sleep through the night and, well, you've got S-T-R-E-S-S.

This year was tough for me. I like to stay busy. I like to celebrate. But call it S.A.D., stress, sadness because my baby boy decided he no longer wanted to nurse, but preferred a bottle ... call it whatever you want, I just wasn't in the mood for any of it. Pretty depressing, huh? I did enjoy spending time with our families and tried to keep birthdays small, happy occasions. And I hope my children think I was successful as their birthdays are just as, if not more, important and special to me as they are to them. And I'm not trying to say I was depressed and didn't want to participate ... I'm just saying that something didn't feel right. Maybe it was because just days before Christmas it was 60+ degrees here in Tennessee.

Honestly, I'm going to blame 90 percent on the fact that I need sleep. Sweet, sweet sleep.

I've rambled enough. And, after all, we survived December and I am so very proud to say that I am now the mom of a nine-year-old, a six-year-old and a seven-month-old.

Want proof? Looks like you're going to have to wait. My card reader isn't working and the cord for the camera is missing (go figure). Pictures to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment